Monday, March 30, 2009

Senior Status?!?!

SOoooo...students who will be seniors next year will have priority registration tomorrow morning, which means me, yikes! I'll be up at 8a.m. to register and hope to get the dream schedule I have made up for next fall - Monday night class, Tues/Thursday 2:30-5, and Thursday night class....which means folks, no Monday-day, Wednesday, or Friday classes next fall! I should get it, I have an early registration time (I would get the professors to sign me into their classes anyway), and that way I'll have three days to work an internship! I'm very excited because I am always that person who ends up with 8a.m. classes despite my incredibly timely organization and planning...

This past weekend was fun - I went to the Red Hat with friends, co-sponsored a SUHA (Suffolk University Hispanic Association) event, went to Saint (nightclub) with a bunch of people, worked an Admissions Showcase Event, watched twilight AGAIN! with my roommates last night, and cooked a very yummy dinner...

This coming week will be busy - we're already working on final projects in each of my classes, Friday is Service Day (a university-wide day of community service throughout the Greater Boston Area) followed by the Service Day dinner, Saturday is the Midnight Madness scavenger hunt for Best Buddies Massachusetts, and Sunday is another Showcase event for the Sawyer Business School!

I have to miss my Auntie's baby shower on Sunday for work, however, the following weekend I'll be able to go home for Easter! I have a vintage lavender dress I want to wear for Easter Sunday, I just need to find a tailor to fix it up in time!

I think I've decided what my post-graduation plan is... as long as I'm accepted. I'm going to apply for Teach for America. If I'm accepted I'll be placed in a two-year teaching position in an under served school district within the U.S. We can request certain regions, subjects, and ages, but I think I would be content with whichever situation I was thrown into...Phoenix wouldn't be so bad, right? As long as they don't let me teach math, that certainly wouldn't be doing the kids any favors...

One last thing! Boloco just opened next to our office and I've fallen completely in love with the Mediterranean wrap - and I need to tell you about it. Inside the soft wheat tortilla is lime rice, hummus, feta cheese, cucumbers, black olives, and balsamic dressing...trust me, it's an amazing combination of flavors. I choose not to get chicken because I just pick it out when I do... I guess I'm kind of an undeclared vegetarian lately. Anyway, it's only $5 and change - you have to try it!

Until Next Time,

Kayla :)

No comments:

Suffolk University:

A Suffolk Student Living and Learning in Boston