Thursday, April 2, 2009

Foggy Day


Today is foggy...I mean I am, not the weather. For whatever reason, there's this strange glaze over my eyes (which keep crossing) and my brain feels as though it's floating around my skull like helium balloons in a room with a ceiling fan. I've pulled all-nighters before and felt better than this the next day...

Could it be because I insisted on getting New Moon (the 2nd book in the twilight series) yesterday and couldn't stop reading last night? Or could it be that I spent six hours in an SGA leadership meeting the night before? Maybe it's just the daunting weekend that awaits me - three all-day-long events and projects galore to finish by next week. Don't get me wrong, I love doing community service and I like my job, it has just been quite a while since I had a weekend that was actually a weekend.

Friday is Service Day and my club will be volunteering at Cradles to Crayons in Quincy. Cradles to Crayons is an organization that supplies clothing, books, toys, and other items to underprivileged children in the Greater Boston Area. After my two classes we'll travel there as a group, serve for five hours, and continue on to the Service Day Dinner at the Holiday Inn near campus.

Saturday is Midnight Madness - a day long city-wide scavenger hunt to raise money for Best Buddies Massachusetts. Running around town, the tasks include things like finding a hotel with a 13th floor, getting behind the counter to make a burrito at Qdoba, and duct taping one of our team members to a wall (we actually did this on a rooftop last year - hilarious). At the end of the day, the teams who raised the most money and the team who best finished the scavenger hunt win prizes. Last year I won four tickets to the comedy club at Fanuil Hall - not bad! Fundraising has been very difficult this year, as I'm sure you can imagine, so we'll see what happens.


Sunday will be my last Showcase event and I'm hoping it won't rain like it did last Sunday... that was pretty miserable. Come and meet the Suffolk Ram at the accepted student's Showcase this Sunday!

Oh, one last thing - I got the schedule I wanted for next fall!!!!!! This is the first semester of my entire college career that I will not have any morning classes or any classes at all on Fridays!!! Wooo hooo...

Until Next Time,

Kayla :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I walked past you in the lobby of 73 and you looked out of it; Twilight is an addicting book!

Kayla said...

Oh my gosh it is unreal...I can't believe Bella has had two magical boyfriends! Jealouusss

Suffolk University:

A Suffolk Student Living and Learning in Boston