Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bonfire, Sushi, & Battles


So I know it's only Wednesday, but I'm looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow will mark the end of this huge group presentation that has been turning my hairs gray; it will also mean only 4 days of classes left! After tomorrow I'll be down to two final papers, one campaign project, and one exam...not too bad.

This weekend, however, is going to be fantastic! Friday afternoon a bunch of student leaders will board a bus to travel to the Cape Codder Resort for the annual LEAP conference. There is a wave pool, water slide, and bonfire (that's where I'll be) planned for that night and a full day of food and training on Saturday. I'm going with my girl friends Sarah and Steph!
When we get back I'm hosting a Sake Sushi night at my apartment! We're going to order an array of yummy sushi and make our own dessert rolls...dressed in kimonos! Okay, maybe I'll be the only one sporting a kimono...

Sunday I'm bringing my best buddy bowling at Lanes and Games. Monday is Patriots Day - this means three things. 1. No Classes 2. Boston Marathon 3. The Battle at Lexington re-enactment at 4a.m. So great... then three days of classes, reading day on that Friday, and Spring Ball that night! SO much fun ahead and so many mixed feelings about the end :/


A few of my fellow ambassadors and I will be working the Kids to College event tomorrow and that should be a good time too. We're going to do some lab experiments with the 6th graders, have lunch with them, and show them around campus...


As for now, I'm going to the grocery store and making a big dinner with a friend of mine (this is an exciting luxury in college when your average dinner consists of leftover pizza or canned soup)

Until Next Time,
Kayla :)

No comments:

Suffolk University:

A Suffolk Student Living and Learning in Boston