Thursday, April 30, 2009

My last entry as an Ambassador...


I can't believe it - I'm officially a Senior in college. Junior year was horrendous academically so I'm not sorry to see it go, but I sure am sad to see another year at Suffolk come to an end. But if I needed something to soften the blow, summer session one starts in two weeks, haha.

Above is a picture of my fellow trustee ambassadors and I at the Spring Ball last Friday - it was a blast! The ball was at the Royal Sonesta in Cambridge and the food was really interesting; they served gourmet comfort food so there were mini burgers, chicken pot pies, white truffle mac n' cheese, and herb french fries! It was delicious and we all danced the night away...seriously, every person there was on the dance floor at the same time! I won't be returning as an Ambassador next fall due to senior obligations and such and I will certainly miss you all!

My finals are over but I've stuck around to wrap up the book drive for Africa Best Buddies runs each semester. I have to admit I'm broke, so if I can sell my books back to the bookstore I will, but if they offer me $3 for an $80 book (which is likely) I'm sending it to Africa!

The spring/summer has started off beautifully and I'm really looking forward to some down time in the sun...oh, and the most exciting thing that happened this week! I joined the Sports Club LA!!! I'm sure my excitement seems silly to many of you, but if you've been in one, you understand. They're only the nicest gyms in the world - no joke. With 120 classes each week, a Jr. Olympic size pool, an entire floor dedicated to yoga and pilates, a spa, restaurant and bar, and a roof deck! it's unreal...and expensive...so I will be there as much as possible this summer :)

I suppose that's all folks. I've enjoyed giving your tours, working with you, and sharing the school I love so much.

Best of luck with all your endeavors,

Kayla

2 comments:

Sara said...

Kayla! We will miss you! Thanks for all of your work as an Ambassador. Don't be a stranger...you are always welcome in UGA!

S.

Meg said...

Kayla we will miss you!!! I can't wait for our Breakfast at Tiffany's night! Sounds fabulous :)

Suffolk University:

A Suffolk Student Living and Learning in Boston